Friday, June 4, 2010

June 1st, 2010

Moon was high on the cloudless sky when I woke. The sand reflecting like snow lit up the surroundings. Like waking from a dream only to enter some world between between conscious. This place is not real. So pale, the temperature almost the same as mine, the sand so soft its hardly noticeable on my feet. Hope I'll have pictures to prove it wasn't just my imagination.
The sun rose and I crept back in my sleeping bag to get a few hours rest before the heat became intolerable. This wasn't long.

By the time I got out of the sun and found shade I was so hot it took me an hour to cool off. The ride to Alamogordo is only about 25 miles, but the straight road seemed to have no end. From here I continued to a state park another 12 miles south west.
By the time I reached the park I was so spent I only remember crashing on a bench - waking when it was all dark and quiet.

What ever I ate a few days ago, its still haunting me.


No comments:

Post a Comment