Sunday, July 11, 2010

June 22nd - July 11th 2010

Peter has returned and I'm now preparing the final details before heading south, crossing into Mexico tomorrow.
The last few weeks have mainly been spent in New Mexico, with a few brief stops through Texas. I had a chance to scan some more negatives and feel confident that I have sufficient material from North America.
It's all very uncertain what I'll get from here-on as it will be the first time I visit the majority of countries I'll be passing though. But one thing which is certain is the giant crystal cave of northern Mexico, which I was granted access to last week, with the help of Itzel Alvarez.
We will be visiting it on the July 17th, and I look forward to posting views from the inside.

Regarding transportation: plans have changes slightly in order to make the deadline of reaching the tip of South America by November. This is crucial if I'm to catch a ride to Antarctica, as all ships depart from November to December. No arrangements have been finalized and I fear that this wont happen till I'm physically there. What this time frame means is that I'll have to skip lightly over certain countries. As I still intend to avoid flying, I've decided to take the bus to Peru and begin riding the bike from there. It will take approximately a month to reach Lima if all goes as planed (not likely).

Updates to follow - Mexico City on the 14th.







No comments:

Post a Comment