Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 13th - 2010



I caught the ferry to the access road leading to El Chalten. The first passing car was kind to stop for me. In the back sat a young boy between waterbottels and luggage while a large man, resembling a stranded whale lay spead out on the limited avalibel space there was left. Need not say that they were surprised when I jumped in to join them. The boy was kind, talkative and cared less for my lack on speaking propper spanish. The man stayed quiet and stranded. I would soon learn that he suffered from motion sickness.

Making stops every mile to let him relieve himself over the side, we soon made it to El Chalten. A small town transformed to a seassonal climbing mecca. My tent is pitched in a small yard of a climbing guide hostel. Tomorrow I will move to the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment