Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 14th - 2010





Its not a very difficult hike to the base camp from El Chalten. It does however become a bit more strenious when you have to keep conversation with a talkative Argentinian - but he was friendly and good company.

Once on the plateau below the Fitz Roy towers I set camp and waited for the sun to sink and the crowds I imagined to descend. From camp its about an hour to Laguna Los Tres, a frozen bowl with views of two major glaciers. My timing had been good as the last hikers were going the opposite way when I began climbing.

I stayed till past sunset and began my descent outfittet with my headlamp, taking one carefull step after another to care for the knee.

The knee is still an issue. Perhaps due to lack of resting and from the heavy pack. But swelling is gone and it all looks normal. My thoughs are these: Better to use the leg and strengthen the thigh then weaken it from inactivity. An excuse to continue on. Yes I will rest later.

No comments:

Post a Comment