Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 17th - 2010



Hiked 10 km out of town without a single car stopping. Wind has been furious so I decided to return to town, perhaps better trying my luck at the bridge. The first car heading back to town stopped. Inside was an italian man and his swiss wife - heading to El Chalten, for only an hour before returning the direction I was trying to get to. They offered to pick me up when heading back.

We pulled into El Calafate around 16:00. Said our goodbyes having talked the whole way from El Chalten. Olive oil, how to make homemade tomato sauce, Winterthur, photoalbums.

Felt no need to stay in this hub for Torres Del Pains so I walked directily to the bus station and found the first ticket out. I was planing to go to Puerto Nathales or Punta Arenas but they werent leaving till the following day. Instead I bought a ticket and was soon on my way to Rio Gallegos...?¿....

Four hours later I was checking into a backroom of Hostaria El Tucka. Here were two beds and the option someone might show up to occupy the other one.

I was sitting with a needle and thread fixing my tent when it knocked on the door.

His name was german he was heading north with his skatboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment