Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 16th - 2010



This winds which are notorious in this area - bagan picking up during the night. My tent was soon filled with dust despite having built a fortress of logs around the edges. It was still very windy when I woke in the morning. The rain had ceased so I saw my opportunity to return to the glacier from last night. I'd spotted at place much closer then where I'd sat yesterday.

Unfrotunately the constant winds and powerful gusts made it difficult to even walk. After climbing up through a forest and over boulders the size of houses I found the spot. But the winds made it impossible to shoot anything in the direction I had intended.

I climbed down another path then where I'd come up - sheltered from the gusts. On a sandy patch on the boundary between the forest and a marshland were tracks from a large cat. Sat waiting to catch a glimps - no luck.

Tonight I´m back in the yard in El Chalten. My camera needs cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment