Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 11th, 2010

A strange night with heavy winds and rain shaking the trailer. Woke from a dream of a picture I have to take. In dreamworld the image was so obvious and necessary that I got my notebook to jot down the description and how to light it. This only brought on more ideas and before I knew it I was full awake. Sleep finally caught up with me again. Next time I woke the rain was still coming down. Bob knocked at 8:30 saying that breakfast would be served in a half hour. I enjoyed a good meal and good company.
It was still pouring by the time I was on the road. The Hostel, where I was heading, is only about 8 miles out of town in the Point Reyes National Park - but crossing the high ridge takes time, and all the rain wasn't helping out. Riding downhill was like going through a shower at 30 mph. There wasn't a dry spot left by the time I arrived. To matters worse, the hostel was closed, not opening for another two hours. Drenched, cold and fear of hypothermia, I found a doorway where I could take shelter, and put on a dry shirt.
4:30 rolled around and out came the owner - admitting that she'd know I'd been sitting in the rain the last few hours - but that it wasn't her problem. I'm usually very calm and collected, but her attitude got the best of me. After telling her my point of view with clenched teeth the bad vibes haunted me the rest of the day. Convinced that I should complain to someone - something I have still to do.
I took a walk around sunset to get my mind off things - returned to the hostel and chatted with some of the guests. Tomorrow I'll move on to Marin Headlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment