Friday, April 2, 2010

March 31st, 2010

It was a good climb on the 101 to the Elk Prairie exit. Also from here was a decent ascent. As long as the surface is fairly stable and I can get my breathing under control then everything seems to be alright. peddle peddle peddle breath peddle peddle peddle breath peddle peddle peddle breath peddle peddle peddle breath and up I go.
Descending I saw another bicyclist standing by the side of the road. Bob. His first day of riding, heading to San Francisco. Bob looked to be retired with grey hair spill out under his helmet. Clearly take by the giants as I approached him. He was kind and we continued down the scenic route together a few miles. It was good with company as long as it lasted.
Having set camp at Prairie Creek I set off on a hike. A 12 mile loop, suppose to go through a canyon - but the canyon was flooded. I was forced to take an alternative route. It was dark by the time I made my way back.
Its about 11:30 p.m now and the moon has just risen. I should be out but am in the sleeping bag instead. Very tired and sore body. It feels lazy to not being out at every chance I have.
Will stay here tomorrow as well. A new month to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment