Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 9th, 2010

Mendocino County. I passed the stunning land of bluffs, cliffs and high pastures, green as memory with cattle grazing free above the coast overlooking the Pacific. A place I could call home - the area I'd hoped to find and which my intuition had told me would be somewhere in California. Seemingly unspoiled, with open land and little development - towns are few and scattered. Unfortunately it was passed all to quickly - making the most of the great weather and tail wind. A storm is coming in, suppose to make landfall by Saturday or Sunday. It will bring lots of rain and winds are suppose to turn, coming strong from the south. Therefor I've decided to make it as far south as possible today and tomorrow - hopefully reaching Point Reyes by tomorrow evening. Legs feel good, and as long as I keep the burritos coming for lunch then the many miles shouldn't be a problem.
Today I saw a bobcat, deer and vultures crossing the road. A day I wish to play over and over again.




No comments:

Post a Comment