Friday, April 2, 2010

March 27th, 2010

The camp host had left a note for me when I woke at ten. Thank you for paying, but if your planning to stay another night you will need to move your camp to the hiker/biker section. And so I did. This being the first major accomplishment of the day - packing everything down and out again a 1/4 mile down the line. But the new site is more secluded, no generators running or people freaking out in their tent as I pass with a tripod on my back in the middle of the night. I was set up between three giants and ate my noodles by 1 p.m.. I spoke with a park ranger about crossing the near by river and about my work - shooting a night. She asked if I was cautions of the mountain lions as there were many - conversation left me feeling like steak. The first aid kit was reevaluated from being left in the tent also my knife got a ticket to come along. The hike was about 12 miles into real redwood territory. I have been hoping to do monumental work in respect for the grandness of these trees and world around them, but I fear my time is limited and it would take months to fully capture a fragment of what they have to offer - to understand how I could incorporate and adapt them into my work. This lack is very frustrating. Since arriving the main focus has been on getting images and not simply observing. Tomorrow they promise rain, and I will take it a bit easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment