Friday, August 13, 2010

August 10th - 2010

Arriving in Bogota is like arriving in any other latin american city - dusty, dirty outskirts with exposed brick buildings - still under construction - deadlineless. Small stores under tin roofs selling sweets, detergent, cellphone cards and beer.
My mood and excitement is undetectable - just another city - I so long for the undesturbed sky and openness of the landscape. Tried of the smog from passing busses, crowds and constant reminder of having to be carefull. I'm asshamed of this feeling - but this is one of the last places I wish to be.
I line up after retrieving my bag, at the taxi window. When asked for my destination I give the name of a hostel in the old part of town. 20 min late I stand outside Hostel Fatima. The dorm room with wooden floors has an overall good atmosphere...but I'm still seeing blue.
I figure the long bus ride and lack of fresh air may have put me in this strange mood. I go for a walk - and soon begin to loosen up.
The city is kinder and more appealing then I'd first thought.
My plan has been to continue to Lima tomorrow, but I'll put this off and see how I feel in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment