Monday, August 2, 2010

July 28th - 2010

King Quality is the name of the company. They have two classes to choose from - king and quality - I ride quality. The KQ office is on the outskirts of town, guarded by two heavily armed uniforms. They lock the door behind you as soon as you step in.
It seems far fetched that anyone should hit up a bus office but I assume there is a good reason for their presence. Having said that - this is a very nice office. Free coffee and water. Nuns, a woman who looks like hooker, suits, and myself playing the role of the gringo.
We board and its comfortable. My neighbor is the nun.
She doesn't smile very much or take any note of the sharing element of the center bar between the seats.
We arrive in San Salvador after dark. The bus station is nearly empty. Within the same building is a hotel, but rooms are $35 and my connecting bus is at 3 am. I onl need a place to rest a few hrs. I meet Joe - a Peurto Rican also heading to Costa Rica. He's a copy of my friend Will - if only Will was from Peurto Rico and not south of London. Joe asks the guard for a cheaper place and we're pointed in the direction a few blocks away. A rundown place called Bella Lux. You pay $8 and get a free beer - even better the room is connected to the reception, where on this particular night at least 20 people crowd the sofas and corners of the bare room. Raggaton is blasting and while tv shows action. Joes is happy - I'm exhausted.
Our room has eight beds to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment