Monday, August 2, 2010

July 29th - 2010





Back at the bus station at 2am to check in. Faces wait in the dark outside waiting for the doors to open. We depart on time.
The rest of the night and all day is a blur.
A businessman sits next to me a one point - chatty. I regret not being more entertaining with my limited Spanish and surely must come across as being uninterested and dull. We discuss the typical topics, easy to understand when not understanding - "ahh, potatoes and chicken - this we have Denmark" "and beans" "ahh...this we have Denmark" smile - nod - "it raining.."
I look out and keep my gaze fixed.
The tv shows movies non stop on these buses. Literally non stop. At this point I've watched Iceage 3, 4 times, The Proposal 3 times and a long list of other film I don't wish to remember. But today I got caught in some spanish dubbed romantic drama. Brought tears to my eyes. Bus makes me sensitive I suppose.
Day became night, and we received news that a bridge had fallen down, forcing all traffic to San Jose, Costa Rica to be rerouted through the mountains, adding an extra 6 hrs to our journey. We arrived 24 hrs after departing.
Joe and I shared a cab to a hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment