Friday, August 13, 2010

August 11th - 2010


At this point I must appogogise for not having more of my own images to post. I've been roobed, having lost my camera and all images from my memory card - all images since leaving El Paso TX, except for what has been posted here. Naturally this sucks.
Therefor I'll be using found images until I get a new camera in 11 days.
I've decided to spend another day here, before continuing south. This morning I contacted a local art professor teaching at a university near by.
I've been invited to stay at his house - an offer which I gladly accept as the dormlife makes me feel old and grumpy.

Eric lives in the northern part of the city. A white house with a tree outside, on a residential street in a quiet part of town. Eric opens the door with a wide smile and instantly says that we need to go shopping and I need to orient myself. We walk to a supermarket 6 blocks away - crossing the main roads linking the north and south of the city.

Back at the house we stand eating totillas in the kitchen. I like this place. The house smells of smoke from the fireplace and I've been given my own room on the second floor. Eric is very relaxed and I instantly feel at home.

Bogota is growing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment