Monday, August 2, 2010

July 26th - 2010


It was a long night.
The rain didn't seize to fall till well past two. The cloud cover never lifted and is has been limited what pictures I could take. My fever has been getting worse during the night, but it seems to help drinking lots of water.
It grew light around five. I saw the first group of tourist enter with headlamps - heading for the sun temple to watch the sun rise. I hid higher in the ruins to avoid getting spotted.
Rested a few more hours till it was safe to make my exit without attracting attention. Apart from the pictures I was hoping to take, my purpose for coming here was to get sound recordings of the howler monkeys. Fortunately they didn't fail to show - and just as I was leaving the park a group began growling.
I returned to Flores and spent the remaining day swimming and accepting the fact that I've been hit with travels stomach. It was unavoidable I suppose, eating everything and anything edible I can find. Only hope the gut returns to normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment