Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 11th, 2010

Woke around midnight as my poor green shelter was nearly flattened by wind from the north. Soon after the rain started falling. It continued through most of the night with temperatures down to 4 degrees C.
Sleep was limited and shallow.
Steve was packing up his car, getting ready to leave by the time I got up. We said goodbye, he drove off and it began to snow.
What the f***?! I just bought desert gear to survive the oven-like heat I was expecting, and now I was wearing my down jacket again...
The skies began to clear before noon, leaving the valley in a mystical fog, new waterfalls spilling off the sides.
I decide to hike to Observation Point, a higher spot then Angels Landing with views extending even further. Ground was still covered with snow as I reached the top.
Tomorrow I'll begin my way toward Grand Canyon - north rim. Supposedly it's still closed due to snow, but will open up on Friday.




2 comments:

  1. Hej Adam,
    jeg er bare så glad for du er retur igen i USA og vi atter kan følge med. Glæder mig snart til at høre din stemme også.
    Krydser fingre for bedre vejr til dig.
    Kram fra mor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Adam

    Det ser jo super spændende ud alle de steder du kommer hen-har lige læst de seneste 3 posts.
    Vi har også det mest mærkelige vejr her-mere efterår end forår.Godt jeg ikke har fået pakket huen helt væk endnu:-)
    Fortsat god tur.
    Mvh
    Kenneth

    ReplyDelete