Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 20th, 2010

Another missing image - laundry in Tuba City, Mads and I driving toward Mexican Hat, the sand colored tepee and local steak house.
Mads my old friend from Denmark, now living in LA pulled into the parking lot where we'd planned to meet around 3 p.m.. We were on the road toward his uncle and aunt shortly after. Bike fitting like a glove in the back of the hybrid Honda. Stopped in Kayenta for a short break before continuing. A black metal navajo band was getting ready to play a show at the local culture center. It was soon dark at we had a ways to go.
Made it to Mexican Hat, where, after viewing all the local motels found one where the room was a tepee. yes. Two six packs of ale and there was a lot of talking and catching up to do. Way past my normal camp-side bedtime before I closed my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment