Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 28th, 2010

I knew I'd have to be very luck to make it all the way to White Sands NM by tonight, and as the day took another unexpected turn I went with the flow.
The Larson family is having a huge family gathering at their cabin this weekend. I was invited and offered a ride to New Mexico on Sunday. And so it came to be that I'm spending the night in the mountains, camped out under the pines and stars with new friends.
Mons had planned for us; himself, his two sons, Kyle and Bryce and myself to go bike riding on a trail in the mountains before going to the cabin. We got to the trail head around 8. It was dark and the whole ride was done flashlights and moonlight. We rode to a view point overlooking the valley below, extending all the way to Mexico. The moonlight makes it look like daytime.





No comments:

Post a Comment