Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 17th, 2010

Perhaps I partied too much last night- myself, sunset and shadows - or perhaps its the altitude, but today nearly took the hope away from me that I would ever leave the north rim plateau. It's been the plan that I was going to spend another night here, but when I talked with my friend Mads today who said that he was coming out from LA to visit me in three days I figured I better get a move on to get to the rendezvous that we've agreed on. The town of Tuba City. Just last night the lights of Tuba City were flickering in the distance. Look far away.
I got the bike out from the trail and on the main road, with a little help of some friendly people offering a push over a particularly rocky unbikefriendly hill. But I didn't cover more then 35 miles in total before having to accept the end of the day.
Stayed just outside the park boundary. A coyote was hunting on the snow, crashing down with it's front legs. Caught a white rabbit. I ate express pasta and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment