Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 25th, 2010

So it isn't just the roads on the res that are long and straight. Left the Navajo nation and reentered Arizona. Covered 82 miles from Greasewood to Snowflake where I stay tonight. Passed the petrified forest, Woodruff where I refilled H2O, continued on dirt roads, past a small river where I had a dip, meet a hiker going the opposite direction, was struck by a dust devil and finally pulled into Snowflake as the sun was setting. A local suggested I go to the police station to find a place to sleep (what exactly he meant by this I don't know..) but I was lucky to run into the Brimhalls, before I turned myself in. They offered their yard to camp in. We had dinner together and I enjoyed their company. I meet their two small children.
The yard was upgraded to a huge guest room with a very soft bed. thankyouthankyouthankyou.


No comments:

Post a Comment