Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 16th, 2010

I was transformed into a rag doll of relief when I say my name on the list of persons which the Danish Arts Council has chosen to support financially in the coming year. This means a great deal for the continuation of my journey and the completion of my project. Working the way I do is far from cheap with simple things as film and processing running up. I'll still be on my water and pasta diet and it's unlikely you'll see me driving a Cadillac, but at least I can get my tires changed if I need to or even replace this busted pocket camera that seems to only function if I bang it against a rock or other hard objects.
Cape Final was the location of the days celebration. It was a bit of a strain pushing the colossal bike through and over the hiking trail, but again I can say it was worth while. Cape Final is a collection of rocks and cliffs that seem suspended over the eastern part of the North Rim looking toward the Painted Desert. Here is one camp site. The point is situated so hight that with the setting sun in the back you can sit a watch the shadow of the earth engulf the horizon and see the arrival of night like a storm brewing in the far distance. The canyon far below is mesmerizing, with every change of the sun echoing in the multi colored rocks and cliffs.
This is an impossible task to convert into 2D, and my memory of this view and night will likely outlast any of the images... The reality of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment