Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 26th, 2010

Another day without reference to anything I could have imagined.
I've been feeling the stress of time passing as it's getting closer to full moon (only two days left) and aprox 300 miles to where I want to be for that evening. Also my childhood friend, David is in Phenix today and we've discussed meeting tonight. We agreed on a place called Globe. I was going to ride from Snowflake, but soon discovered there was a huge canyon which had to be crossed and would likely end up taking two days. Heather Brimhall offered to drive me - I declined - she insisted. With an offer this tempting I soon accepted and the car was packed, with kids, dusty bike and bags.
The place to camp in Globe is an ATW trail system. Luckily it was quiet most of the day. I sat cleaning the dust from the storm out of my equipment and waited for David to arrive. An accident on the highway had held him up and it was dark by the time he found my hideaway. A surreal experience of meeting here in this place neither of us ever imagined or knew existed not to mention ever hanging out here. It was awesome seeing him. He's been involved in this journey since the beginning as he was the first person I told about my plans, two years ago. We've been getting in trouble and slowly growing up together since the 3rd grade. Despite living very different lives on day to day basis its like being with a brother every time I see him. He returned to the city around midnight and I to my fire to take a few pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment