Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 27th, 2010

The only way I'll make it to New Mexico on time is with a little help. An little was all there was - about 30 miles down the road in the back of an old Chevy. Still have 170 to go. Stood waiting in the burning sun for about a half hour before deciding to move on by myself. Temperature reached 107. Kept pouring water over and in me but it all seemed to evaporate as soon as it hit.
Arriving to Safford it getting dark. I'd decided to camp at a local park just out of town, but before I made the turn Mons T. Larson stopped me and offered his yard. Apparently something he'd done before with other passing tourers. How the oranges keep falling in my turban...
The Larsons live on a farm a few miles east of Safford - a large family - kind as ever. I was fed, showed where I could camp and taken scorpion hunting. I though I'd sleep under the stars, but when I saw how these critters live in all the trees around I pitched my tent.


No comments:

Post a Comment