Thursday, September 2, 2010

August 22nd - 2010

Carolina was heading out of Lima to have lunch with friends and invited me along. As Meghann wasn't arriving till s10 pm that night I went along. First I was taken on a quick tour of downtown Lima, before driving an hour out of town. Passing mansions the size of West Hollywood and cars alike. These stand as a strong contrast to the dusty shacks lining the desert hills further from town.
We had lunch at an outdoor family eatery in a green valley - the friends kind and talkative.
Carolina dropped with in Lima, from where I took a cab to the hotel I'd booked by the airport. It was in a compound and I sat dreaming of leaving the city - looking forward for Meghann to arrive.
It had gone as smooth as possible through the immigration and customs, and despite carrying way more camera gear and film the allowed, Meghann passed through and met me with a smile, pushing my boxed up bike and bags. Relief.
Back at the hotel we unpacked, I greeted the items last seen in El Paso, almost two months ago. And also received my replacement camera and new rain jacket.
Stayed up till late and finally had to call it a night when the porter knocked, asking us to quiet down.

No comments:

Post a Comment