Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 5th -2010





All day spent riding the dirtroads. The washboards make it impossible to go more the 7kmh - and yet the lack of speed dosent seem to bother me much. Not at all as much as wind will, when this is bound to hit.

The one thing that the roads do make me reconsider is, what route to take from Uyuni. My heart tells me to continue to Chile, crossing the saltfalts - but the lack of water and fear of the roads being even worse then this, may force me in other directions.

Had lunch under a bridge, sheltered from the wind coming NW. An old woman and ancient dog passed on the bridge - but both were gone when I looked a min. later... Things arent what they appear in the highland.

Picking up water in the first town I passed, the woman tried ripping me off with the price. Went next door where a two hundred year old woman ripped me off even more. Not a very nice place. Quickly left town. A man was pissing on the dirt street infront of the shop.

Passed a checkpoint later in the afternoon. The officer let me pass without question. I continued up a rockyroad to the plains, with mountains in the distance.

Decided to set camp with the epic view - east to west.

Uplifet from taking pictures in this place.

1 comment:

  1. Sikke en stjernehimmel, må ha være fantastisk at opleve!!!

    ReplyDelete