Thursday, September 2, 2010

August 24th - 2010

I woke feeling ill to my stomach. Perhaps the Lima water I'd experimented with had got the better of me. Kept me close to banjó most of the day. Meghann went shopping for souvenirs.
We passed by the park office, which overlooks all land above 4000 meters - everything visible to the east of Huaraz.
We were recommended a trip we could do that day, so we set off in the afternoon, following a narrow, dirt road up up up. With a few stops in honor of me, we finally arrived at the entrance to the park. To our surprise a gate was down and the keeper not allowing us to pass with the car. We parked and continued on foot. Unfortunately my gut and lack of oxygen put a stop to the expedition. Meghann took it all with smiles - thank you.
Returning to the car, the gatekeeper standing with his transistor radio asked if he could ride with us to the village.
We returned exhausted to Huaraz - I wished for a better stomach tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment