Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 8th



Day of rest. Throat still sore and a strange taste in my mouth. No fever.

Went to the train cemetary that lies on the outskirts of town. It actually lies outside of town in a wasteland of plastic bags stuck to cactuslike plants and water puddels the strangest green color. Cant help but feel inspirred here. Im unsure how safe this area is - especially after dark, when I want to return to shoot. So I find a guide who will go with me tonight.

We meet, both on bikes at 5 and return to the wasteland. Its dark by the time we return to town. I go for dinner at the notorious Minute Man Pizza - to my surprise the best food Ive had in months ( how sad it is to admit this). The place is actually better the most places in europe. Miles on the stereo and soft sofas...

I end up chatting with a rider who has come from Patagonia, the direction I´m heading. Considerations of leaving my bike behind when heading down there is quickly shattered, as he says it is the best part of riding in south america. so there it is. My plans laid out.

Im very full when i return to my room. Ate two pizzas. Difficult to fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. Kaereste Adam dejligt du er fremme taet paa Chile og må have været ved saltoerkenen glæder os til billeder kram fra mor

    ReplyDelete