Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 6th -2010





My birthday. Very pleased to where I wake this morning. New energy evoked from the view and the simple notion of finally taking pictures after the long break on the bus. It was cold last night. All water i frozen, but quickly melts in the morning sun. Cooked breakfast in the heat - considering the 32!
Had lunch at km mark 40. called my mom and dad from the sat phone. Good to hear their voices. A few landcruisers with tourist passed in the dust.
Told a random woman, from whom I was getting water in the next town, that it was my birthday - she smiled. Good enough for me.
Set camp on a hille overlooking the saltfalts - perhaps 50 km ahead.
Collected firewood as it was getting dark - cooked dinner. More stars then I thought existed substituded the blue sky which had shun cloudless all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment