Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 11th - 2010






All is still this morning. So still.

Following breakfast I go for a walk around the island - finding a cave to where I will return at night - and dead birds - preserved in the salt in the position they had when falling from the sky.

Its hot when I get back to camp - having the place to myself I stip down to the bare (something I later regret as a bad burn on my thigh and bum keeps me aware that sun rarely shines there) and begin preparing curry.

After lunch I collect wood for my fire.

Before sunset I climp to the top of the mountian to shoot, but winds are stronger then yesterday and I decide to return in the morning instead.

Light from the fire soon fills the cave. I explore the inside, on all four to a far corner with my headlamp I discover perfect intact pottery - ancient. Affraid that I will damage it, I return the pots, hidden away with a flat rock ontop.

I stay for hours in the cave shooting.

Back at the tent a mild breeze is blowing - I quickly fall asleep after this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment