Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 10th, 2010

I left this morning onboard the 8:30 bus. The majority of the day has been spent in Salem, 40 miles south of Portland - apparently the only place in the vicinity where they develop 4x5" film. Salem is not the prettiest of towns, but as the cherry blossoms were opening I hung out by the Capital Park while waiting for the film. Last bus, back to Portland left at 4:15pm - without me. This placed me with two options - stay in not the prettiest of towns, and cancel my arrangements in Portland, or hitch a ride. This is difficult in Salem - and doesn't get any easier carrying a bike. But to my luck, a Texan, took pity on me just as the sun was setting and I was looking toward a Motel6. Night was spent at the home of Kelly, her roommate and David - youth of NW Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment