Monday, March 22, 2010

March 17th, 2010

Great day of riding - much appreciation for the fellow camper who brought me the plate of pasta yesterday. Have had an overflow of energy and kept all levels up. The constant tailwind has certainly played a big role as well.
At the bottom of the notorious hill sat Greg - the tourer I'd run into a few weeks back. He look sweaty and tired and not ready for the big climb. I continued and found that my imagination far exceeded the actuality of how steep this hill was. At the top was the trail head leading to the real Cape Lookout. High above the ocean and sun shining I badly hid my bike behind a sign saying "secure your valuables" and went on a hike. It was about an hour to the point of the cape overlooking the Pacific.
I rode on south, before finally reaching Lincoln City at sunset and set camp on the beach.





No comments:

Post a Comment