Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5th, 2010

The house was left and shut, by the time I got out of my sleeping bag. The sun is hitting the highest points way above the valley floor, but it will be a while before the heat reaches here. It was good having a more or less rest day yesterday, and I feel good continuing back to the trai head. I've made arrangements to be picked up tomorrow morning at 9:30, so I must begin moving.
Making good headway, I caught up Leon down the trail. We continued together a while before he decided to rest for the day and I to continue on. I've managed to make it all the way out to the trail head where I began following the road towards the cafe where I have my things stashed. I was lucky to get picked up by two kind ladies and there equally kind dogs. Back at the cafe, I began repacking from the borrowed backpack into the bike bags. Good seeing them again. I'll spend the night by the lake, before riding towards Aberdeen in the morning...what a day - back deserves rest.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wicked place to spend in the great outdoors. So inspiring, can't wait to start some hiking myself. Glad you met somebody along the way to share it with.

    ReplyDelete