Monday, March 22, 2010

March 18th, 2010

wow this new tent setting thing is a challenge. The ventilation is so bad in it that to prevent suffocation I must leave the front fully open. This is nice when your on a beach looking at stars while falling asleep, but not good when you wake in the morning realizing that opening was toward the ocean and the spray coming off the sea has taken refuge inside your home. I'm moved to get my old tent back but will give this one a month and see how I feel.
The early morning bitterness quickly dissolved as the sun rose to a clear day with wind from the north. Seals were on the beach moving around as I packed and got on my way.
Stopped and had the best halibut ever in a small town.
Again the wind helped keep me energized, but by the time I got to resting there was no where to camp. A park warden told me that at the top of a place called Cape Perpetua there was a shelter where no one would bother me if I stayed - the catch being a 2.5 mile HIGH grade climb to the top. It took about 45 min to reach the pleatau. From here the view extends to the curb of the earth. I'll sleep in the old stone shelter. A night like this makes it all worth while.




No comments:

Post a Comment