Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 9th, 2010

After a night of restless sleep due to theiving racoons, the wind continues. Head on as yesterday, my speed is kept to a minimum. From Cape Dissipointment its about 13 miles to the Astoria bridge - the long crossing over the Columbia River, connecting Washington and Oregon. With a total length of 4.5 miles and a steep climb into Astoria I meet my master. Its a nerve-wracking experience with the small shoulder, high traffic and wind, but the pay off makes it well worth it. Crossed my first state - now in Oregon. To my luck it was a shorter ride to Seaside, where I would be staying for the night. I'd made arrangements with the Mizell's - a kind family that offered to put me up for the night. There was a great dinner and very comfortable bed waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment