Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 23rd, 2010

The day was cut short before I even got half way. Found a spot not marked on any map, and hardly noticeable from the road. Must have been an old harbor, squeezed in between two hills right on the ocean, but now all buildings were gone and only dirt paths indicated there ever had been activity. I was running low on water and decided I only would stay if there was fresh water to be found. There was - in abundance coming off the surrounding cliffs - so I set camp and explored. Found a huge cave, cutting underneath one of the hills, connection to the ocean on the opposite side. From here huge swells came roaring underneath and slamming against the wall of the cave. This would be a good place to photograph at night.
Sitting on the beach waiting for moonlight to take over, a man was fishing and sun glaring. My new bald scalp got a red tan and the man caught an ancient looking fish.





No comments:

Post a Comment