Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 24th, 2010

Brookings, 8 miles from the California border. Doubt I'd make it this far just a few hours ago. Wind has been fierce from the south today - averaging 10 km/h.
Morning started beautifully, rising over the abandoned harbor. Another rain cloud had developed inside my tent, so I left it to dry as I packed and made breakfast. The climb was too steep riding out - pushed my way to the top and onto the 101. A small road called Cedar Valley Road leads inland, through a lush quiet car free valley. It was gonna be a beautiful day. Until I turned the corner leaving the basin and a bike stopping gale hit me straight on. The invisible force reduced me to a dry leaf getting blown off a tree. How disillusioning wind can be. I stopped for an early lunch debating my options. Rain had just started falling by the time I reached Brooking. Two cyclists passed going the opposite direction, enjoying the fruit of a good tail wind. I found a laundromat to wash my badly needed clothes, internet and a warm bed.


1 comment:

  1. Hej Adam,
    så nyder vi atter din blog , billeder og kommentarer og fryder os!!!. Savner dig meget men får glimtvis kontakt!Tusind tak.
    Kram fra Mor

    ReplyDelete