Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 20th, 2010

how silly of me to think the chainsaw was actually a chainsaw. As I closed in on the Oregon dunes yesterday I noticed a rise in monster RV's hauling everything from quads (small 1 person pit bull's on gas) to full size SUV's. As it happened to be my tent was less then a mile from a nest of pickups and sand tires tearing up the dunes day and night. Going to see for myself, I took my bike and rode through their camp - feeling like a stranger in some western bangbangtown I opened the saloon door. Engines went silent all eyes on the wimp pushing the bicycle. At a small food stand they served club sandwiches. I had one and a beer. Two guys at the opposite table asked what I was doing - responding, they looked like I spoke chinese. Night fell and I ventured out again this time to see what it looked like in the dark, the perfect dunes lit up by the fast passing bugs sounding like chainsaws. They lighthouse rotated like a giant crystal in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment